06 November 2011

On Being a Doula

So, this weekend I completed a weekend intensive doula training course. It was fantastic! I'm excited to start working in the birth community.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize I have been a doula my entire life. I've always possessed the skills and used them in different ways to support others. Now, I'm just directing that energy and using it for my true passion.

So, with that said, I am currently looking for clients. If you know anybody in the Los Angeles/Southern California area (I am willing to travel a bit depending on the approximate due date) who would benefit from a birth doula, I am willing to offer my services for free or for a low cost -- depending on the services requested. I have access to an entire community of doulas and other birth workers, and will have at least one backup arranged for the birth. Please pass the word along -- I am super excited to start doing what I love! Contact me at rachelforbat@gmail.com or on Facebook, and I will get back to you within 24 hours. :)

2 comments:

  1. For the uninitiated, what exactly does a doula...do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stuff! :)

    http://www.dona.org/mothers/index.php --> Explains it well. I'm in the process of certifying with them!

    ReplyDelete