Today was... not fantastic.
Got assaulted and battered by a 6'3" 230 lb Armenian psych patient made of sheer muscle, who in the process managed to escape from my ambulance. And then I chased him for a mile and a half through the bad part of Los Angeles while waiting for police to finally arrive and take him down, guns drawn.
Police told me I had a great case if I wanted to prosecute, but I said no. The patient needs help, not confinement right now -- help he will get now that he is safely locked in a psych ward.
And I got to live in fear of being fired for several hours.
Oh, and I declined medical treatment... still have a little while to change my mind, according to workers comp.
But honestly, it's not the physical hurt that bothers me. It's the emotional.
No comments:
Post a Comment