What a week this has been! Technically, it's not even over, but so much has happened already. Nate's been quite busy this week -- on Sunday he filled out his first college application (edited by yours truly into an incredibly awesome piece of work). Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I really feel like he's going to be accepted. We shall see.
On Monday he visited physical therapy places looking for a job/internship/volunteer work/etc. No luck yet, but one place invited him back to talk with their physical therapist and told him he could observe any time. Crossing my fingers on that one!
He's also been negotiating with his old job (which he quit to focus on school) in the hope that he can come back on a part-time basis to earn a little bit of income. It's been difficult (think office politics) but it sounds like it's going to work out. We'll know soon, at any rate.
And, of course, you can't forget that he's also taking summer classes.
I am really, really proud of how hard he has been working. His dedication is helping to make his (and our) dreams a reality. I really feel like we're starting to emerge fully into the adult world -- and despite all of the stress, it feels good.
I've also been thoroughly enjoying all of the time we've been able to spend together this summer. In just a few weeks, we will be resuming our distance relationship, and it looks like we're going to be busier than ever. My upcoming semester is actually going to be hellish, and he's going to be crazy busy as well. He's hoping to transfer after this semester, so it's possible that I won't get to see him at all during the spring semester if he has to leave the area. It could be even longer if I don't get lucky enough to graduate in the spring.
I do see our time apart coming to an end, though. Once I graduate, I'm going to move to wherever he is to begin my midwifery training -- the program is wonderfully flexible. I don't plan on leaving again if I can help it -- and luckily my career aspirations actually agree with that! (It's so wonderful to not have to choose which part of yourself to compromise/sacrifice!) Granted, life will still be hard and we won't be moving in with each other or getting married or anything, but we will be able to experience life together, grow together, and mature together, and that's what is truly wonderful.
Now, to get through the next year first..... O.o
No comments:
Post a Comment