Last night I dreamt that I discovered I had cancer. Lymphoma. I was scared, and cried a lot because it was hard to cure. I had to change my diet and go through chemo and I became so wrapped up in the hospital world that it became my new life. I found scarves for my bald head and ate gluten-free vegan food, all while marveling at the outside world that went on without me.
Nate married me because we didn't know how much time I had left and we wanted to make the most of it.
Then, I had an appointment suddenly scheduled with my doctor. I thought the worst. But the doctor said it was gone, that it had been a year and now I was finally a survivor. I couldn't comprehend; Nate had to keep explaining to me what the doctor said.
And I couldn't understand that I was free to go back to real life.
No comments:
Post a Comment