18 June 2011

Confession

I'm not a jealous person by nature, but lately I've been having a really hard time watching everyone get engaged/married.

I know Nate and I will get there in the time that's appropriate for us. We're not going to rush into something neither one of us is prepared for yet.

But I want that commitment; I want to create our own little family -- just us, perhaps a pet or two, and eventually some kids. Sitting in this rut is hard; he is so much more than "boyfriend" in the way it's meant these days. And he's not technically my fiancé... yet.

Also, as each couple gets engaged, the pressure mounts for us to do so as well. Expectations.

So, newsflash. We have at least three years to go. (At least, that's the plan.) And we are happy. But please, forgive me if I flip between excited and indifferent when it comes to these engagements/marriages. It really is hard for me, seeing couples who started dating after us tie the knot before we even think about doing so.

I'm happy for all of you, I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment