Busy day!
Work was rather boring -- we had absolutely no calls. Thus, we watched the entire first season of Entourage, saw a movie that I think was called Couple's Retreat, saw Wolverine, part of Star Wars II, part of Iron Man II, and part of Entourage... again. *yawn*
I went home and took a nap, then packed up and went with Nate and James to Bible study. I got to play with the cute baby!!! Hehe. It also brought up some issues that I've been having with the Christian community in general. I've mentioned some of those issues earlier in this blog, if you want to wander through the archives.
After Bible study, Nate and I sat in my car for a while and talked about those things that had been bothering me. He didn't really have a lot of solutions, but simply being able to talk about those things was really, really nice.
I drove back to USC, and with Sydney's help, set up our new TV (USC switched from analog to digital, so I had to bring the TV I used last year to the apartment instead of Sydney's TV). We have so many channels now!!!
After that, Sydney and I spent a long time researching housing for the next school year. We finally came up with a list of six different places to apply for in USC housing. Tomorrow morning, Sydney gets to compete against the lottery for those spaces, since her appointment is before mine. We don't know yet whether we're going to keep the housing we get or go for non-USC housing (it depends on where her sister ends up going to college), but we have to cover all our bases to be on the safe side.
---
I also discovered that I have work tomorrow night through Wednesday morning. I am going to be EXHAUSTED...
I now understand why I missed that bus on Friday. Had I gone to the concert, I would be frantically writing an essay tonight and tomorrow instead of getting the sleep I so desperately need. At least I can get a full 8 hours of sleep tonight before my all-nighter tomorrow night. Otherwise, I'd be going on 3 days with only a handful of hours of sleep.
---
Work, right now, is taking over my life. I got scheduled for 35 hours this week. *sigh* Luckily I can handle it right now, but who knows about later this semester...? We'll see how things go; perhaps once I adjust to work it will be a lot easier. But right now, I am feeling the strain just a bit. Not dangerously so, but enough to notice and tell myself "TIME MANAGEMENT!!! DO IT!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment