29 March 2011

Insanity

Today.... was completely insane.

I went to class, then lunch, then more class, then back to my apartment to grab my things. Then Emily picked me up and took me to the airport (side adventure: somehow we made a wrong turn and ended up on the runway by all of the Australian airplanes. Kind of scary that we could have easily planted a bomb, and that there was only one fence between us and getting run over by landing planes). I made it through security and all the way to my gate with about an hour and a half to spare... I guess I'm not used to security being that quick. Last time I was at LAX, it took two and a half hours. This time, it took maybe five minutes.

As another side note, they used the full body scanner on me. It's not so bad, but then again, I don't know what image they're viewing. It did feel a bit awkward and violating, but then again, a pat down is even more awkward and violating. I probably would have an issue if I had to do it all the time, but once was simply unsettling.

People are really paranoid. I left my bags for a few seconds to grab ketchup from across the walkway; my bags were still in my sight. Regardless, the guy sitting near me decided I was obviously planting a bomb or something and called over TSA. It was kind of ridiculous; he just kept saying "I can't take responsibility for her bags!!!" Well, duh. I had asked him to; he said no. And so I figured, "Well, it's in my sight anyhow. Whatever." I think TSA's pretty used to this stuff; he kind of just rolled his eyes at the guy and walked away. I kind of get the impression that he's just as skilled as USC's very own DPS. Haha.

Got on the plane; pretty uneventful flight to San Francisco. I had a tiny bit of time in the airport once in San Fran, and then we got on a rather tiny plane headed to Eugene. Somehow I made my rolling bag fit under the seat instead of above; don't ask me how.

I landed in Eugene a bit after midnight and took the OmniShuttle to my lodging. It was pretty comfy and spacious for costing only ~$50/night.

I'm already exhausted. This week will be... even more exhausting beyond reason? O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment