I'm getting excited to go back to USC, finally. I think I've reached the point where I've accepted that I'll actually need to go back, so now I'm finding things to do to keep me busy until the pace of coursework speeds up, taking away all of my free time.
The semester's always easier when there's things to look forward to, anyhow. Like last semester, I've managed to create a steady pattern of fun that will always keep the end in sight. It makes things go much faster.
January 17th - No class!
February 14 - Valentine's Day!
February 21 - No class!
March 7th - Anniversary!
March 14-18 - Spring break!
March 29-April 3 - *hopefully* Midwifery Today Conference!
April 29 - Last day of class!
---
My mother's not making it any easier to keep marriage-centric thoughts in that little box (see last post). Tonight we went out to dinner, essentially, so she could talk to me about Nate.
The gist of the conversation: a) If he steps out of line, she'll hunt him down, lol; b) What I need to anticipate in a marriage, especially in a marriage to Nate; c) That she and Dad do like him and essentially are giving me their blessing; d) Knowing me, she expected that we'd already picked out a date, and was a bit surprised (not to mention somewhat pleased) to know that we hadn't. I'm still her baby girl, you see.
It was... really nice... to have her basically give me her blessing. As much as I love being independent, there is a small part of me that really does feel happy to know that my parents approve of my choice.
Another thing to put in the box. I swear that this isn't going to turn into a blog just about Nate; a lot of Nate-centric stuff just tends to pop up around the beginning of any given semester as life changes.
I am rather quickly becoming addicted to nail polish. It's unfortunate, because I can't wear it on the job. Currently, I'm in love with Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear -- I can wear that stuff for weeks without it even chipping. And it's cheap, too. I'm currently hoping to find a peach/pink-colored one, but Target seems to be out of stock. I guess I'll have to stick with my usual bold colors! I'm currently going through a red and purple phase. Love the two colors separately, but put them together, and it looks like the Red Hat Society. O.o
Quite odd for me; I've never been the type to wear nail polish on my fingers. I blame it on my roommate -- here's hoping she reads this! ;)
----
Here's a little insight into my past. A bit cryptic, I'll admit, but I have a feeling you'll find out more in the future. This song is speaking quite powerfully to me right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment