Had lunch with Emily today. It was really nice; I've missed her, so it was great to catch up, especially before the semester gets too busy.
Another thing I love about hanging out with her is that we always get into deep conversations. I always leave the discussion thinking about myself and others in a new perspective.
The discussion today catalyzed something I've been realizing for a while now: I'm in a period of transition right now. Friendships that were once close are now drifting farther and farther away through life experiences -- and I'm not sure at this point that it would be wise to pursue most of them any longer. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary, as choosing to move on from those old friendships means that I am opening myself up to the vulnerability of having very few friends in my life. With that comes loneliness and a feeling of not belonging. It's certainly a trial for me, but I do believe that new opportunities will open themselves up to me if I am willing to pursue them.
In the meantime, I am stuck in a rather awkward state. I just need to remember to be courageous in the face of my known weaknesses. I've shut myself off for far too long.
---
I'm currently awaiting my camera charger, so pictures will be added in the next few days as I attempt to update everything that I've let slide. :)
The ones that matter usually stick. The ones that don't usually fall away on their own.
ReplyDeleteHaving said that, it does require a bit of effort on both sides to keep up the ones that do matter.